Saturday, November 20, 2021

Darkness Rises - Original Poem

 



Darkness Rises

Wine soaked mind full of nebulous thoughts 

Here they come

There they go

Fear flutters at my mind, 

Like a soft trickle of water

One wrong move and it's all over

Deadmans wash will carry me away

Pulling me under

Luring me into darkness that paints the soul

One gasp

One kick

And a new darkness rises 

This one darker than the last 

Swift and sure

I rise

Darkness rises with me

Blending and morphing with the light 

Able to bend them both 

To know them both

Love them both

All because fear thought it won 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Death Comes To Us All

  In a world of chaos, I’m embracing death and change. Life and death, the cosmic balance of life that is something we used to know as a spe...