Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Mines & Ripples


Image from Unsplash





 I miss digging into the mists of my mind, to scavenge and mine like an explorer not afraid of what they’ll find. 


I drop words to the page, no matter my age, and when the secrets are revealed and healed, my words linger on.


I’m not a joke, nor a fad, nor one to hold back, I see what is there and my scribe is born.


I carry wisdom from pain, loss, and life’s circumstances, knowledge that only death and mistakes can bring. 


I lost my way, lost my understanding of life’s cycles and how healing is a personal thing done on the darkness and solitude of one’s own making.


I found my way back, the path hidden and dark ahead, one step in front of the other I gained my way to the truth


That without my darkness I am not whole, without my understanding I cannot heal forward. 


I train now on the water that was meant to drown me, my steps leaving ripples for others to follow my wake.


I see the ripples of those who went before, those who didn’t let cultures distance from life change them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Death Comes To Us All

  In a world of chaos, I’m embracing death and change. Life and death, the cosmic balance of life that is something we used to know as a spe...