Thursday, August 25, 2022

Summer Longs For Autumn




This is an unedited image, from our amazing Arizona evening skies, thanks to Summer Monsoons. 



 Drifting mind and dark aesthetics 


Cozy browns and golden hues



Misty fog and trailing raindrops



The rasp of fingertips on aged paper



Tucked into the folds of an adventurous novel



The academic finds her soul in the depths of a darkened bookstore



Summertime Lessons



Heavy weight of heat and bogs



My soul does not delight in the bright 



It longs for the dark, the cool, the hidden



To be amongst the stars and dirt



Summertime is not my favorite



But in this season I lean into the cave



I embrace the wild monsoon when she comes



The wind greets me like an old friend



Grandmother Elm weaves and dances her song



There is beauty, and my soul is thankful



For deep within the bright golds and yellows 



I find my browns and rusts.



Even this season brings gifts and messages



I can finally see 



drawing into myself



During the Summertime



Is okay



The sun heals, even through time and space



Through the heat, I cut ties



What isn’t meant to be will not



And letting go is also okay



Summertime is to let go



The Darker half of the year is 



Where my soul longs and lives

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death Comes To Us All

  In a world of chaos, I’m embracing death and change. Life and death, the cosmic balance of life that is something we used to know as a spe...